Tuesday, August 7, 2018

BPI Interview Feature: Kindle Press Author Amy Sumida @Ashstarte #Fantasy #Dragons

BOOK PROMOTIONS INTERNATIONAL AUTHOR FEATURE

AMY SUMIDA



Today on the L.O.V.E. blog we're chatting with Kindle Press author Amy Sumida about some interesting things in her life! Read on to see what we learned about her...


Q: Thank you Amy for sharing with us today! We noticed in your bio that you are a collector of toys. Can you tell us about one of your favorites?

A: I love collecting vintage toys from my youth; Strawberry Shortcake dolls - with the proper scent, not this modern rendition, My Little Ponies - the older ones that didn't feel the need to go on a diet and become strange, skinny horses, and Myself the Elf dolls. For newer things, I'm a huge Tim Burton fan so anything "Nightmare Before Christmas" or "The Corpse Bride" is right up my alley, but I particularly love collecting Monster High Dolls so that I can repaint them. I remove their face paint, repaint them, and reclothe them. It's a thing; you can Google it.





Q: That's awesome! We've seen other people who do that with Bratz dolls. We also noticed that you've won awards for your writing. Congratulations! Please share about that experience with our readers.

A: I didn't know that I was up for an award until I was notified that I had received one. So, it was even more of a shock. It was from a British book website called Book Hippo; again, even more shocking. My biggest following is American so it was nice to be recognized overseas. They named "Godhunter" the Best Paranormal Romance for 2014.


Q: Congratulations again on your success. :-) You use a lot of your experiences growing up in Hawaii in your writing. What a beautiful place to write about!

A: I've just moved from Hawaii, and now live in Oregon. But I was born and raised in Hawaii, so I know all of the local secrets; the best beaches, restaurants, etc. I love putting those into my books and even naming my favorite waitress or sales clerk. I think it adds an authentic touch and I've had several fans tell me how fun it was for them to visit Hawaii and check out the places I've mentioned.

(Say hey to Mr. Dolphin waving to us from HI)


Q: You also use music as a theme in your writing. What inspired you to write an entire music oriented series?

A: I'd had this idea of songs becoming magic for awhile. I could see this woman in my head; singing in front of a group of vicious vampires to protect them. I finally made it into a book and it won a contract with Kindle Press. The biggest challenge with writing about music is that you can't actually quote lyrics; you can be sued big time. But music is just another experience and I make a living describing experiences.

I had a lot of fun coming up with descriptions for the music without using the lyrics. "The Spellsinger Series" has now become dear to my heart and I listen to music in a whole new way now - every song becomes a potential spell. I include a playlist with every book and you can listen to them for free on Spotify. Here's a link to the first playlist: The Last Lullaby, Book 1 in the Spellsinger Series


Q: Thank you so much for sharing with us. How can readers keep in touch with you or get to know more about your books and hobbies?

I have an author page and a fan group on Facebook:
Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AmySumidaAuthor/
Amy's Imaginary Worlds: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536008099761461/

My website has information on my series and the characters within them as well as links to merchandise: https://www.amysumida.com/

You can join my newsletter here and get a free short story: http://google.us11.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=398603e0fc6b3876340e37356&id=3abd32edce

THANK YOU READERS for being here with us! Your shares and comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment